Monday 20 August 2007

Eng-er-land

Morning all,

Thankyou for signing up to the blog, cunningly designed to save me hours of painstaking emails, letters and phone calls (sorry mum; speak to you in February). I hope you enjoy the forthcoming tales of my epic misadventures in dramatic third-world places. Next week…orientation. Hurrah!

Right, well I haven’t actually left yet. I’m about to do some last minute repacking, having forgotten all my vital medication, and I fly from Heathrow late this evening. I have a short and thirsty stopover in Doha, Qatar (thirsty as I have zero local currency) before flying to Kathmandu. I'm due to arrive at 3.40pm local time tomorrow – which, rather bizarrely, is 10.55am in Blighty – to be met by a Nepalese man with an amusing hairdo. That’s essentially as far as my research has taken me: I think I might be doing some teaching or building or something, I don’t know…

I’ll inform everyone when I post my next, lengthier entry via the omnipresence of Facebook (see left, below my writerly pose, down, down…) This will be in approximately one week’s time – assuming that the orphanage meets my demand of 24 meg broadband – so you shall hear from me then.

All the best,
Joe x

No comments:


--------------------------
All Content Copyright © Joseph M. Reaney 2007 - 2008. All Rights Reserved.